.........towards the stream of thoughts

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Where is the so called free education?

             
I have taken the pen more than ten times to my finger tips with the hope of writing something on this current issue in Sri Lanka. Please don't think that you can show your protest just by pickets and there are many more ways. So this is an innocent attempt to make the community aware of this issue.

I still remember the day i entered to grade 6 after passing the scholarship exam. I am talking about grade 6 because its much familiar for us rather than our first day at school. In front of the main hall there is a beautiful statue of Mr.C.W.W Kannangara; father of free education in Sri Lanka. I still remind how my dad introduced this person's great personality to me when I inquired who is depicted by the statue. As a kid I felt a great honor about him. Every day when I passed that statue I used to smile with it.

According to his concept any poor child can gain the education from grade 1 to university with the expenses of government. As far as I know there is no any other country where you can find this privilege. He must have taken an immense effort to bring our education system up to this standard and thousands of intellectuals have been born as a result of this free education system.

When the authorities concerned are keeping the universities closed and when the examination system is not done in a reliable way that badly affects for the future of our free education. Innocent students are becoming a prey of this and their future is darkened. Who will be responsible for the time which is wasted in their young lives?

The time wasted because of this Z score crisis and because of this University crisis will never come back. So what we all have to say is QUIT PLAYING GAMES WITH OUR LIVES!

 

6 comments:

  1. a great one dhara, i read an article today, saying that government actually don't have an ability to give a 6% for the state education as requested by FUTA, the reason for that is even after the war, the government still maintains a very high security cost, including the maintenance of 5 soldiers per one citizen in north and eastern areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is very true.. Quit playing games with our future.. I don't know when they are going to act as responsible men.. We passed exams to get in to university..nobody got anything without an effort.. now they are calling us names.. Rebels.. tigers..etc.. I'm dam sick of these things... :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ypz...that's right!! Te whole country is going backwards with this time waste!! Where's that bloody "maha raja" ?? Is he a dumb or a deaf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all about greed of money! When those typical Sri Lankan politicians have power they eventually forget how normal people live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah...Its true My dr....wasted time will not come back :(
    thankz for writing this small graph....free education must be protected,,its a great resource

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a good heart. I feel the same way. In our country, because of corruption and a lot mishaps, the money sanctioned for free education of students do not reach them. Only educating people will make the country developed. Many brilliant students end up as workers without money. I really feel pitty for this issue. The same goes in someother countries too. I couldn't do much a thing for this but at least I will appreciate someone who brings these kinds of issue to the bright light. I heard that German and France offer free education for students. Its all in the politicians hands to make children Students, scientists, entrepreneurs or workers... I really appreciate you for writing things that concerns about the good living of the people

    ReplyDelete